Nord-Troms Warhammer Forum
Vil du reagere på denne meldingen? Registrer deg på forumet med noen få klikk eller logg inn for å fortsette.

High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins.

4 posters

Go down

High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Empty High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins.

Poste  Ole-Kristian Olsen 28/4/2012, 16:05

Hallo!

Rapporten ligger her ute, på engelsk: Northern Wargaming Society/. Er en blogg jeg driver med to kamerater.

Denne kampen var i forberedelse til turneringen i september, og det føltes godt å få med seg så mange units på bordet. Orcs'n'Goblins er alltid en tøff motstander, med masse ulikt som skaper død.

Rapporten er desverre på engelsk, siden jeg er for lat til å skrive den på nytt. Håper det går bra!

My list:
Level 4 (4++, Silver Wand) – Life
BSB (AoC, Dawnstone, Great Weapon)
35 Spears Full Command (War Banner)
12 Archers Musician / Standard Bearer
17 Swordmasters Full Command
16 Swordmasters Full Command (Ruby Ring)
10 White Lions Full Command (Banner of Eternal Flame)
Lion Chariot
Great Eagle
Great Eagle

His list: (from what I found out)
Savage Orc (Level 3, Shrunken Head)
Night Gobbo Shaman (Level 3, Dispel Scroll)
BSB (Light Armour, Great Weapon, Talisman of Preservation)
20 Night Gobbos, Bows, Musician, Standard Bearer. (3 Fanatics)
40 Night Gobbos, Spears, Nets, Full Command. (2 Fanatics)
30 Savage Big’Uns Extra Handweapon, Full Command.
Gobbo Chariot
Gobbo Chariot
Boar Chariot
Pump Wagon
Mangler
Mangler
Doom Diver
Doom Diver
Rock Lobba

.: Pre-game toughts :.

I have only played against this opponent twice before, both times me tabled me horribly. That however was with Lizardmen, so I knew I had a chance. The downside is that the army has several things that hurts Elfs: chariots and artillery. He had invested heavy in magic, fearing animosity taking his entire magicphase out. One clear advantage is that he only has one heavy hitter, taking that out would me that the rest is just mop-up. Or thats the gameplan atleast…

.: Deployment and magic :.

My spells: Rolling 1,1,1,2 and 5, i had my pick of the litter. I did not fear his 40 Night Gobbos, and S4 on the BigUns meant that Dwellers was not optimal. However, I needed a magical missile to take out manglers. I ended up with: Earthblood, Awakning, Flesh to Stone, Throne of Vines, Regrowth.

Savage Orc: Vindictive Glare, Foot of Gork
Night Gobbo: Signature, Gork Will Fix It.

(I know he has two more, but I did not write them down, nor did he use them during the game.)

High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Dep2

I dropped the two Eagles first, but due to his chaff I had to deploy my center line before he did. The Spears and Chariot went down behind the house as to be able to deploy Swordmasters either side.

The Archmage is in the leftmost Swordmasters, and the BSB in the Archers.

With +1, after 4 re-rolls, I got to go first!

.: The Game :.

Turn 1, High Elfs
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Het11

I went forward with full steam, moving the Eagle within 8" of the 40 Night Gobbos, drawing two Fanatics out 5" each, and using the last movement to end up behind them to avoid a charge. The rest move up to face his center line.

Magic sees a 5 - 2 Winds of Magic. I start with Throne on two dice, with him stopping on 4 dice. I follow up with Awakning two dice on the leftmost mangler, which he lets go. I get 5 hits, and 3 wounds, killing the freak of nature. He then fails to stop a two-dice Flesh to Stone on the right Swordmasters. I get the Ruby Ring off with one dice, netting on wound on the right Mangler.

Shooting is able to take two wounds off the Mangler, removing both turn 1!

Turn 1, Orcs'n'Goblins
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Ongt1

His Gobbo Arhcers gets stuck due to animosity. He has no charges, so the random movements start. His Pump Wagon goes forward 12 inches, stopping 2 inches from my Swordmasters. The fanatics jumps to the sides. The rest shuffle to meet the Elves.

WoM: 5 - 3. His magic starts with a 3 dice 3d6 Vindictive Glare, which i let go. It produces 4 hits, one wound which is saved. I then stop a Foot of Gork on equal dice.

Shooting starts by him by killing the right Eagle with a Doom Diver, the other scatter off, and the Rock Lobba misfires (disabled). The short bows of the Gobbo Chariots do naught.

Turn 2, High Elfs
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Het21

I decide to charge the Lobba, fearing what it can do. The Swordmasters take on the Pump Wagon. The Spears and Chariot shuffle to take on the 40 Night Gobbo Spears. The White Lions fear the charge, only go forward 1".

Magic sees a 4 - 1 split. I manage to get off Awakning on the Savage Orcs killing 1, just to check if he had the Shrunken Head, and Earthblood.

Shooting does nothing.

In combat the Swordmasters kill the Wagon with ease, and the Eagle kills the Lobba.

Turn 2, Orcs'n'Goblins
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Ongt2

With a double fail on animosity, both try to charge the Swordmasters, a acceptable charge on my account. I would face Savage Orcs with the same save (5++), knowing that some Swordmasters will die, but I would stay. He fails both charges. One fanatic kills itself, while the other takes two wounds off a chariot. The rest of the army shuffles around.

Magic sees a 6 - 1 split, he fails to cast Gork Will Fix It on one dice, but gets through 6-dice amped up Foot of Gork. It kills 8 Swordmasters, but fails to stomp again. They do not panic.

One doom diver kills on White Lion. The rest of the shooting focuses on the Eagle, killing it. Poor Eddie.

No combat.

Turn 3, High Elves
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Het3-2

I think that this could make or break the game, so I declare charges with the Spears and left Swordmasters against the Savage Orcs. The Swordmasters only needing 4 to connect, decides that they just can not do it. Maybe its for the best, three fanatics stops just short of the unit.

The White Lions run up to threaten the eastern flank.

Magic sees a 5 - 3 split, with both players channelling a dice. I start with three dice Throne, which he scrolls. I throw three dice on Regrowth, which he lets go, getting back 4 Swordmasters. I follow up with two dice Flesh to Stone and one dice Earthblood, which he stops with 3 dice each.

Shooting puts a wound of the Boar Chariot.

In combat i manage to kill 4 Savage Orcs. He puts 6 attacks on the BSB, netting 3 hits and 2 wounds, which both are saved. The rest kill 5 Spears, after some really bad rolling. I win by two, he flees even with the BSB re-roll. I fail to catch him by 1".

Turn 3, Orcs'n'Goblins
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Ongt3
No failed animositytests. He hopes to break the White Lions, or kill them over two combat turns, and charges them. The Chariots shuffle, and the Gobbo Archers retreat. The fanatics jumps in all directions, killing 1 Swordmaster

WoM: 6 - 2. He fails the Gork Will Fix It on 2 dice, and I fail to stop Foot on 6 dice. It stomps 5 Swordmasters from the left unit, 8 from the other unit and scatters off the Archers. I then get to place it on his unit of Savage Orcs, killing 11.

Shooting leaves 2 Swordmasters left in unit, and takes a wound of the Chariot.

In combat I put a wound on the BSB, and kill 5 Gobbos, even with nets. He kills 3 in return, and they hold.

Turn 4, High Elfs
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Het41
I charge the Swordmasters into the Gobbo Archers and the Spearmen / Chariot into the Savage Orcs. The Archers move up to get in some shots.

Magic is a 4 - 1, I get off a two dice Throne, but fail a three dice Flesh to Stone on the Spearmen.

Shooting does naught.

The Spears and Chariot put a decent 7 wounds on the Savage Orcs, and take 6 wounds in return on the Spears and 1 wound on the BSB. I still win by 5 (Banner+BSB+War Banner+2 more ranks). And the chariot runs them down. The Swordmasters kill 14 Gobbos, and take one in return. The Gobbos boxcar flees of the table.

On the eastern side the White Lions holds with a 3 wounds done, and 2 taken. They are now down to 4.

Turn 4, Orcs'n'Goblins
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Ongt4
He sends two chariot against the Spears, and one against the 2 Swordmasters. To my luck it kills itself on the fence.

Shooting kills the 2 Swordmasters.

In combat the White Lions kill the BSB, the champion chops down the Night Gobbo that seems a little larger then the rest. Feeling the pressure of three angry elves, they break.

On the west flank, the chariot charge kills 10 on the charge (leaving 11), and killing the BSB. The spears put a wound on the Boar Chariot, leaving 2 left. They hold.

Turn 5, High Elfs
High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Het51
I kill the Doom Diver, and the Boar Chariot, running down the Wolf Chariot. Game ends.

Ole-Kristian Olsen
Warrior

Antall Innlegg : 47

Til Toppen Go down

High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins. Empty Re: High Elf v. Orcs'n'Goblins.

Poste  Nexus 28/4/2012, 16:46

skal si han stilte usaklig mye nasty stuff på bordet der, combo charges med vogner og manglers osv er ikke akkurat HE sin favoritt å få i trynet Wink

Men grats for en win! Smile

(tok meg forresten friheta til å fikse linkan til bildan så dem vistes her på forumet.)
Nexus
Nexus
Noble

Antall Innlegg : 1201

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Bernt 28/4/2012, 18:46

Må si meg enig med Kenneth, etter at eg så listn tenkte eg faen HE kommer til å slite mot det der.

Så vanvittig mye ekkelt på gang der. Orc Grin

Bernt
Champion

Antall Innlegg : 733

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Ole-Kristian Olsen 28/4/2012, 19:53

@Kenneth: Trudde jeg hadde fått det til. Bugger. Takk!

Ja, chariots er nasty greier, men de må vinne på charget, ellers så gjør de lite, se hans charge i turn 4, hvor de gjør ingenting i neste tur. Og så hjelper det at jeg kan få tilbake alver ^^,

Ole-Kristian Olsen
Warrior

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Nexus 28/4/2012, 19:57

Ole-Kristian Olsen skrev:@Kenneth: Trudde jeg hadde fått det til. Bugger. Takk!

Va bare første bildet som funka Wink

Ole-Kristian Olsen skrev:Ja, chariots er nasty greier, men de må vinne på charget, ellers så gjør de lite, se hans charge i turn 4, hvor de gjør ingenting i neste tur. Og så hjelper det at jeg kan få tilbake alver ^^,

Classy orcs da, en runde der dem er skjitskummel, også miste dem litt futten etter det.
Nexus
Nexus
Noble

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Ole-Kristian Olsen 29/4/2012, 20:03

@Kenneth: Ja, mye farlig i første runde, men så dabber det litt av.

Hvordan ville dere (Orcs & Goblins-spillere) satt opp en 2000liste?

Ole-Kristian Olsen
Warrior

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Da Git 29/4/2012, 21:03

Eg ville ha hatt enda en Rock Lobber. (Har ok flaks med scatter dice Very Happy )

Men mine liste ser helt annerledes ut enn den, sida eg ikke (enda) har Savage Orcs. Savne dem. Tror eg ville satsa på enda en unit med T4. Orcs eller black orcs. Og kutta ned på goblins. Én unit e nok, og 5 fanatics kan være morsomt, men bare hvis man spille mot Warriors of Chaos eller Bretonnia. Ellers e dem ofte bare "morsom". Smile

Og så e eg glad i orc Warboss uansett type orc. Dem slår HARDT.
Da Git
Da Git
Noble

Antall Innlegg : 1155

http://ntwh.makeforum.net

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Nexus 29/4/2012, 21:18

Eneste erfaringa eg har med fanatics e egentlig at dem spring like ofte tilbake inn i uniten dem kom fra som over til dit man vil dem ska gjøre skade. -3 fanatics e nesten kostnaden til 1 stk rock lobber, som gjør mer presis og ekkel skade.
Nexus
Nexus
Noble

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Ole-Kristian Olsen 2/5/2012, 11:21

Heia igjen!

Spilte et nytt slag mot Orcs & Goblins, men ulik motstander. Han hadde:
Warboss: +1 to hit, 4+ Ward og noe anna.
Level 4 Night Gobbo: Dispell
Gobbo BSB: 4+ Ward
50 Night Gobbos med Nets og Full Command
24 Savage Orc Big Uns Musician / Standard / Flaming Attacks
26-28 Black Orcs Full Command
10 Wolf Riders Musician
Boar Chariot
Boar Chariot
Mangler
Mangler
Doom Diver
Rock Lobba

Klarte meg nesten like bra med disse, selv om jeg fikk ny frykt for Savage Orcs. De slår hardt!

Ole-Kristian Olsen
Warrior

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Bernt 2/5/2012, 11:25

Joda savage orcs e skummel, men ser ut til at han stilte for få savage orcs.

Kordan fungerte Black Orcan hannes mot deg?

Bernt
Champion

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Ole-Kristian Olsen 2/5/2012, 11:29

Bernt-Ivar skrev:Joda savage orcs e skummel, men ser ut til at han stilte for få savage orcs.

Kordan fungerte Black Orcan hannes mot deg?

Enig med det om Savage Orcan. Black Orcan fungere dårlig, syns selv de e overcosted. Men du betal ganske mye for at de ikke får animosity.

Vi snakka etter kampen, og æ anbefalte 30 Savage Orc Big Uns og 30ish Savage Orcs, i stedet for det han har nu. Tror det vil gi meir oomf.

Ole-Kristian Olsen
Warrior

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Bernt 2/5/2012, 11:49

Mine erfaringe med Black Orcs e akkurat de samme, dem e sjeldn og aldri verd å stille, har ikke testa dem sjøl, men spilt mot dem flere gang og dem koste alt for mye for det dem gjør.

30+30 savage orcs vil nok gjøre en stor forskjell på den lista, plutselig e det to kjøttkverne på slagmarka i stedet for en.

Bernt
Champion

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Nexus 2/5/2012, 15:30

Eneste fornuftige rollen eg kan se for meg Black Orcs i, e strengt talt monster hunters(Go go great weapons). Det e så mye S4-5 units i de forskjellige hæran at det å betale masse poeng for en armor som e lik nada, og en animosity som kanskje skjer 1 gang i løpet av kampen at dem rett og slett ikke e verdt pengan. (Men dem ser jo veldig skummel ut.)
Nexus
Nexus
Noble

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Ole-Kristian Olsen 2/5/2012, 15:48

@Kenneth: I stor grad enig, og det va det han så for seg at de skulle gjøre, jakte monsters. Men personlig så vil 30 Savage Orcs med Flaming Banner være bedre til dette: 1) Flaming 2) Stryke 5 - wounder Hydra / Hellpit på 4. 3) Flere angrep 4) Billigere.

Animosityen må en tål, eller spille Empire eller Skaven Razz

Ole-Kristian Olsen
Warrior

Til Toppen Go down

Poste  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Til Toppen Go down

Til Toppen