Nord-Troms Warhammer Forum
Vil du reagere på denne meldingen? Registrer deg på forumet med noen få klikk eller logg inn for å fortsette.

Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves

Go down

Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves Empty Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves

Poste  Da Git 14/10/2014, 10:34

Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves

Asrai:
Treeman Ancient - l4, Strangleroots
- spells: Flesh to Stone, Throne of Vines, Regrowth and Dwellers Below
Glade Captain - BSB, Steed, shield, asrai spear, Armour of Destiny
Glade Captain - Steed, shield, asrai spear, Helm of the Hunt, Talisman of Endurance
Beastsinger - Steed, Dispel Scroll
- spells: Wyssan's Wildform and Curse of Anraheir

10 Glade Guard - Trueflight arrows
10 Glade Guard - Trueflight arrows
15 Eternal Guard - shields, standard, musician
10 Dryads

6 Wild Riders - Command, shields
3 Warhawk Riders
8 Deepwood Scouts - hagbane tips
8 Deepwood Scouts - hagbane tips

8 Waywatchers
Treeman
Great Eagle

Warriors of Chaos:
Daemon Prince of Nurgle - level 1, 1+ armour, some ward
- spell - Curse of the Leper
Exalted Hero - BSB, demonic mount,
Chaos Sorcerer - Warshrine
- spells: Fireball, Flamecage

18 Chaos Warriors - command
5 Chaos hounds
5 Chaos hounds
5 Chaos hounds

Warshrine
Warshrine
12 Chosen - command, Mark of Khorne
5 Marauder Horsemen - light armour

Scenario: Battle for the Pass

Battlefield:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 1-Terrain
Top from left: building, WE forest, Earthblood Mere, wall, Temple of Skulls
Bottom from left: building, hill with Elven Waystone on the lower edge, building (tower).

Deployment + Vanguard moves:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 2-Deployment
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 2-WoodElvesdeployed
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 2-Chaosdeployed
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 2-vanguard

Asrai turn 1:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 3-AsraiT1

My opponent started MY turn with rolling for Temple of Skulls with his DP and Warrior champion. This is a very daring move, considering he's lost Lords to this thing several times before. The DP got +2 Bs, and the champ got +2A.

I moved about a little bit before magic and shooting. My Glade Guard were too far back to do their job. The Ancient cast Dwellers on the middle warriors on a 25 no IR. It killed four. The Warhawks dropped one warhound, the Scouts wounded a Warshrine and killed a Chosen. My Waywathcers got through the DP and wounded it once.

WoC turn 1:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 4-WoCT1

Temple of Skulls: Warrior champ +3M, DP +1T (no matter, I needed 6's anyway).

He just turned around to trap my scouting units. Didn't go forward with the rest. I Scrolled a Fireball aimed at my Scouts, and dispelled a shrine. Nothing more happened.

Asrai turn 2:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 5-AsraiT2

Temple of Skulls: Warrior champ +3T.

Warhawks charge hounds, Scouts 2 fail to march and are trapped.
I cast Wyssan's on the Warhawks to make sure the ripped through the dogs, and got Curse of Anraheir on the Chosen dispelled.
The shooting phase saw the Glade Guard get in on the action by killing a unit of hounds.

The Scouts got another couple of Chosen and a wound on the Warshrine. And the Waywathcers got one more on the DP.
In combat the hounds got dispatched easily.

WoC turn 2:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 6-WoCT2

Temple of Skulls: Warrior champ +1 Bs (Current statline: M7, Ws5, Bs4, S4, T7, W1, I5, A5, Ld8)

The Chosen and a Warshrine charged Scouts (s&s killed one chosen), and my other Scout unit was in the charge arc of the Wizard's Warshrine and got hit. They made a stand and shoot and hit the Wizard for one wound. The Marauder Horsemen charged my Waywathcers in the flank so they didn't get a stand and shoot. The DP joined in the front.
The rest of the army hid from my Wild Riders' charge arc.

Magic was eventful. The Wizard cast Flamecage on the Wild Riders on IR. It wounded 4, but I saved 3. We forgot Flamecage the next turn, but in return I forgot any wounds the Ancient might have healed all game. The miscast rolled a Dimensional Cascade. It killed three Scouts. And the Wizard!

Combat saw Scouts one draw on a 0-0 with the shrine, until we calculated the charge bonus. They broke and ran off the board. Scouts 2 killed a Chosen before they were shredded. Because of how the Warshrine had to be placed into the Scouts' flank it blocked an overrun from the Chosen. The Waywatchers continued to shine. They managed a close combat wound on the DP. That was 3 out of 4 wounds. In the end they were broken and overrun by the Horsemen.

Asrai turn 3:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 7-AsraiT3

Temple of Skulls: Ate the Warrior champ. Finally.

This turn I made my greatest mistake this game. The Warhawks charged the Warshrine, and the Wild Riders rear charged the chosen.
The Treeman charged the remaining Hounds.

In magic I cast Dwellers on the middle warriors on IR and killed 9. They panicked and fled past the Warshrine hiding behind them. The miscast was a 7 (with nothing in base contact), and lost me the 5 dice I had remaining.
Shooting Glade Guards killed three Warriors.

Combat. The Treeman ate some hounds. Wild Riders killed Chosen and overran into the Warshrine. An subsequently managed to not kill it. The Warshrine killed the Wild Rider champion, lost by two, and held.

WoC turn 3:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 8-WoCT3

The lower warriors charged my eagle, which fled. They redirected into the Treeman. The upper warriors charged the eagle which fled again. They failed to reach anything. He closed his DP, BSB and Wizardless shrine on the WR battle. The fleeing warriors rallied.
His DP cast Curse of the Leper on the WR, and got it through for -2T. The Warshrine pumped up a couple of Chaos Warrior champions with Stubborn and Toughness.

In combat the Warshrine killed the Spellsinger, who had to move to the front rank but lost and held. It had lost two or three wounds by now. Some great save rolls. The Treeman killed a few warriors and was wounded.

Asrai turn 4:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 9-AsraiT4

My Ancient joined the other Treeman in combat. The Eagle rallied and the Dryads moved up to block the Warriors. I tried to cast Dwellers on the rallied warriors but failed. Glade Guards shot another few warriors.
My Ancient and my Treeman were wounded, but killed six warriors. The Warriors broke and fled. My T1 Wild Riders were wiped out, so only my Glade Captains remained. Damn that shrine!

WoC turn 4:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 10-WoCT4

The BSB and Wizardless shrine charged the heroes. My Glade Captain answered the BSB's challenge and wounded it. The Captain received two wounds, but saved on on a 6+ armour and the other one on a 5+ ward. My heroes survived, because the character in the challenge was the one the charging warshrine was in base contact with. Unluckily they broke and fled off the board. The Warhawks fled too, after having contributed very little to four rounds of combat.

Thus ended my mistake. If I had avoided charging the chosen with the Wild Riders (and used the Warhawks instead) and gotten 800 or so points locked up in a corner I might have been able to capitalize on my opponent not moving forward. What if...

The upper Chaos Warriors charged the Dryads, wiped them out and reformed. They lost three warriors.
The remaining Warshrine charged the Eternal Guard, who held. The EG lost three but got a wound through. He rallied the fleeing warriors and moved up the decimated unit. Magic didn't do anything decisive this turn.

After this turn my opponent had 1 wound left on his DP and a shrine. Both wisely hidden in a corner.

Asrai turn 5:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 11-AsraiT5

The Eagle moved to block the upper warriors. The Ancient cast Dwellers and my Glade Guard shot up that unit. Three left.
My Treeman charged the lower warriors. It was wounded, but none fled. The Ancient cast Flesh to Stone with Throne of Vines on the Eternal Guard. They still lost one, but the Warshrine held.

WoC turn 5:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 12-WoCT5
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 12-newDP
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 12-scene

The three Warriors charged and killed the eagle. They lost one to Dangerous Terrain in the swamp. The middle warriors made a retreat. The DP moved into the building to cast spells and be relatively safe.
The Treeman lost a wound (down to 2 left), and killed three Warriors. They lost and held.
The Eternal Guard broke the Warshrine and ran it down.
Magic saw the champion of the lower Warriors turned into a Daemon Prince, since one wasn't enough. Represented by the Skull, since I forgot to add another DP in the Battle Chronicler army list thingy.

Asrai turn 6:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 13-AsraiT6

My Treeman broke and killed the warriors. It overran a couple of inches. The Ancient moved out of the new DP's way, and I sent the Eternal Guard to cover its back. My Glade Guard killed the upper two Chaos Warriors. The Ancient did not manage to kill the last Warrior unit.

WoC turn 6:
Warriors of Chaos vs. Wood Elves 14-WoCT6

His new DP charged the EG, who lost a lot but held on Stubborn.
His BSB charged the Treeman, but no one died. I dispelled his attempt at Curse of the Leper (probably at my Treeman).

Result: I lost by around 200 VP.
Da Git
Da Git
Noble

Antall Innlegg : 1155

http://ntwh.makeforum.net

Til Toppen Go down

Til Toppen